Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

Young Cobra’s make it 3 out of 3 under Rogers

Ilkeston under 18s 3- 5 Clipstone (Lowe 18 Hardwick 35 Siddall 39 Ferenc 55 Platts 71)

The young Cobras made it three friendly wins out of three as they came out on top in a highly entertaining game against Ilkeston under 18s.

In an end to end game, Clipstone took the lead after 18 minutes after a fine near post header from Jack Lowe from a Leighton Platts corner. The lead didn’t last long though as Ilkeston hit back from a corner of their own as a free header from 8 yards out found the back of the Clipstone net. The third goal of the game came from another corner, more poor Clipstone defending saw the ball find the back of the net via a deflection and Clipstone were behind for the first time in the game.

The reaction to going behind was very pleasing for the management team, Clipstone equalized after 35 minutes when a superb 20 yard volley from George Hardwick found the top corner. This was the first of a series of excellent Clipstone finishes which ultimately lead to them winning the game. The young Cobras regained the lead four minutes later through another fine finish from Taylor Siddall. Excellent work rate from Jack Lowe lead to a poor Ilkeston clearance falling to Taylor just inside the box, he took a touch and drove the ball across the keeper into the far corner to give his side the lead at half time.

The Cobra’s management asked the team at half time for a more energetic and front foot performance in the second half and the team delivered exactly what was asked of them. Clipstone deservedly got the next goal of the game to extend their lead to 4-2. More great pressing from the Clipstone front three saw the Cobras pinch the ball high up the pitch, it fell to Aaron Ferenc who took a touch and fired past the goalkeeper from 20 yards, another excellent finish from a Clipstone midfielder. A fifth and final Cobras goal arrived after 71 minutes, a superb individual goal from Leighton Platts as he took the ball 30 yards from goal, showed great skill to go past his full back and as he drove into the area, placed a wonderful finish past the Ilkeston goalkeeper. Jack Sellars almost added a sixth Cobras goal with a fine curling effort from 25 yards but it went inches wide of the far post.

The final goal of the game arrived after 80 minutes, a dubious penalty decision led to the home side firing past the Clipstone goalkeeper to get them back in the game. This galvanised the home side who were on top for the rest of the game, some great defending and a wonderful save from Fin Batty kept the Cobras two goals ahead when the final whistle came.

#OneClipstone Media Team

Leave a Reply